Dual-band DMR

Things about DMR
kb9mwr

Dual-band DMR

Post by kb9mwr » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Kevin started this thread else where. I am re-posting the condensed version as it may be of interest to others:

HT's:
AnyTone AT-D868UV
TYT MD-2017
Radioddity GD-77
Retevis-RT82
Ailunce HD1
Moonraker HT-500D (GPS option too)

Mobile:
TYT MD-9600

Personally I'd stay aware from Radioditty. These are the clowns that cooked their own firmware that made a non-TDMA radio sorta work with DMR repeaters. Problem was it jammed both time slots, as it wasn't TDMA (uses a HC3000 chip instead of HC5000) If I had to try one, I'd try the AnyTone model because Jerry at Connect Systems is selling it, so I tend to think its not complete crap and comes with a warranty if you get it thru him.

If anyone discovers others, or picks one up, please feel free to post a follow-up/review here.

Here is a Comparison of DMR radios :

https://radiosification.blogspot.com/20 ... adios.html
Last edited by kb9mwr on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K0rpl

Re: Dual-band DMR

Post by K0rpl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 pm

I picked up a used GD-77 Cheap. Had some problems at first with scanning, but I think I have it worked out.... Maybe. Time will tell. Now I just need to find my charger for my md380.

K0rpl

Post by K0rpl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:24 am

I got a Great Deal on a Brand New in Box TYT MD-9600. This is the Version 3 with the latest firmware. The version 3, is not supposed to have the annoying popping noise at the end of reception, and transmission that the earlier ones did. Ended up paying $101.57 on this radio, and it was delivered Wednesday of this week. Just loaded some GB Area analog repeaters as of so far. Plan on working on the codeplug some this weekend. The radio so far has mixed reviews from what I have been reading online. Most are the version 1, and 2 though, that do have the annoying Popping noise. WIll let you guys know when I get this on the air.

Justin

K0rpl

Post by K0rpl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Recently got a Great Deal on a Anytone Dual-Band HT, and it is pretty slick. Mine has GPS, some do not. Now has the latest firmware, and am programming it with the latest CPS. If you would like to check it out, Steve, give me a shout.