OLSR on Ubiquiti PicoStation2

Discussion on HSMM Nodes and such
kc9uhi
Site Admin

OLSR on Ubiquiti PicoStation2

Post by kc9uhi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Success. Sorta.

Flashed the latest version of openwrt attitude_adjustment onto a ubiquiti picostation2 today. Had to use the reset button and tftp method. Rebooted and functioned properly.

Used the built in web interface to configure lan ip (couldn't find any standard pattern for ip selection, so I picked some random numbers) and wifi ip (based on wifi mac address 10.X.Y.Z where X Y Z are last 3 bytes of mac). Configured the wifi for ad-hoc mode, proper ssid and channel. Switched over to the software management tab and installed a bunch of olsr packages that seemed pertinent.

Pulled up the olsr status page of one my functioning linksys routers with the official BBHN-MESH firmware and copied all the settings off of it into the ubiquiti.

A reboot later, and it magically connected itself up to the two other mesh nodes. Still trying to get local DNS (*.local.mesh) to work, but internet access through a mesh node set up as a mesh gateway is working.

kc9uhi
Site Admin

Re: OLSR on Ubiquiti PicoStation2

Post by kc9uhi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Had to adjust the dns settings in the web interface to the domain of 'local.mesh' instead of the default 'lan'. Somehow hadn't crossed my mind earlier. Now it's all working nicely.